Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Is Anyone Begun To Worry???? Dorothy Where is Kansas

Today I am making a slight detour. If you haven't heard yet the price of a barrel of oil exceeded $120 today. As for me I am beginning to get just a little worried about this whole affair. We are fighting a war on the other side of the world that the majority of us are against. There are countless millions of people going hungry tonight, yes even in the United States and jobless figures continue to climb.
When are we going to stand up and say enough is enough.? And even if we do, what in the hell could we do to change anything.
First, we can look at our owe situation and see what we can do ourselves to make positive changes immediately in our own lives. Second, we can began to express in a articulate manner our concern to those who are in a position to make changes that will impact us at home and abroad. Thirdly, we can vote...and I do mean vote.
Nothing will get done unless each one of us begins to take charge of the small things that we control. My Dad always said, "If you can't control it, don't worry about it." Well I am worried and for those things I do control, and for all of us, it is time to take charge and make positive changes that will make a difference.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Applause, applause, applause to you for being so profound!